One of the staple Christmas dishes is the Christmas pudding. If you’re trying to limit your calorie intake this Christmas, but simply can’t face doing away with the traditional Christmas pud, don’t fear – take a look at this recipe for a low-fat and delicious Christmas pudding.
Recipe sourced from www.weightlossresources.co.uk
Prep time: 8h, 30min
Cook time: 20min – 3h
Nutrition Information (Per Serving)
Calories (kcal) 219, Carbohydrate (g) 43, Protein 3.7, Fat (g) 1.5, Fibre (g) 1.6, Alcohol 3.3
• 75g Currants
• 75g Sultanas
• 115g Seedless raisins
• 50ml Brandy, 37.5% volume
• 75g Glace cherries
• 75g White self-raising flour
• ½ Tsp Cinnamon powder
• 50g Breadcrumbs
• 50g light muscovado sugar
• 1 Tsp Raw lemon peel
• 1 Tsp Raw orange peel
• 115g Sliced apples
• 115g Grated carrots
• 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
• 2 Medium sized eggs
• 60ml Skimmed milk
• 2 Tbsp Molasses
• 60ml Brandy, 37.5% volume
Soak the dried fruit in the brandy the night before and leave it overnight.
1. Shake the cherries in the flour and add mixed spice, cinnamon, breadcrumbs, sugar.
2. Mix in the grated zest, apple and carrot along with the lemon juice. Then add the soaked fruit.
3. Beat the eggs with the milk and molasses, slowly add to the mixture, stirring well. Mix gently but thoroughly.
4. Place your mixture in a 1.2-litre ovenproof dish.
If you wish to microwave the pudding, place an upturned plate over the dish and microwave on high for 5 minutes (make sure it’s a microwave-safe dish). Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then microwave for a further 5 minutes.
If you wish to steam the pudding, cover with foil or pudding cloth, and then steam gently for 3 hours.
5. Once cooked allow to cool and then wrap in foil and leave in a cool dry place until required.
6. Before reheating, prick the pudding several times and pour some more brandy over the top.
Steam for 1-2 hours (or microwave on high for 10 minutes)
And here you go, you can now enjoy a delicious low-fat Christmas pudding with your friends and family without worrying about the extra fat.