Phio Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with your main Medicash Terms & Conditions. Defined words are highlighted in bold and you can find the explanations of these within Section 1 of your main Medicash Terms and Conditions booklet.
- This service is provided by our service partner, EQL Limited. We reserve the right to remove this service at any time without prior notice.
- The Phio platform is available to you, and your partner if dual cover is selected, who are over the age of 18.
- The Phio platform is designed to provide you with additional support and care pathway suggestions for any musculoskeletal issues you may have.
- This service does not provide urgent medical care. If you require urgent medical attention you should seek the help of your NHS GP or the emergency department of a hospital.
- Phio Access is a clinically-led digital musculoskeletal (MSK) triage support tool. Phio Engage is a clinically supported self-managed care tool with a specific programme of exercises tailored to help with your musculoskeletal problems.
- You have unlimited use of the Phio Access service whilst your policy with us is active. Phio Engage is only available once it has been deemed appropriate by a qualified clinician who has recommended that this is an appropriate care pathway for you. This platform has been developed in accordance with NHS and NICE approved clinical frameworks.
- If face to face physiotherapy sessions are booked through the Phio app the cost of these must be met by you. Where you have benefit remaining you may be able to claim back the cost of these treatments. Please note that these claims should be submitted either electronically via the ‘My Medicash’ app or by post together with a fully completed claim form.
- Please note that the content on the Phio platform is provided solely for your information and you use the platform at your own risk. The content must never be used as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, assistance or treatment or procedure. Nothing stated or posted on the platform is intended to be, and must not be taken to be, the practice of medicine or other professional healthcare advice or the provision of medical care.
- It is recommended in all cases that you discuss the suitability of any potential services with a suitably qualified clinician before proceeding with treatment. You must not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical advice from a qualified healthcare provider based on what you have read on the Phio platform.
- We will not be liable, or take any legal responsibility, for any information, advice or treatment you have taken as a result of access to this benefit.